Thursday, July 28, 2011

A little boy's story

It's easy to be happy, to receive happiness, if you know how to enjoy your life !
I was thinking should I quit the job as I start looking for University to pursue my degree. Yesterday, I went to my work place. The kids were sitting in the classroom waiting for me and when I came in, a girl said,"Teacher, he bought you a gift." I could see a joyous face on her and a blushing face on him. He gave me a small notebook, ANGRY BIRD notebook.
"Wow, thank you. Will it be too expansive? Where you bought it?"I sat down and he handed the notebook to me.
"No.I bought it at bookshop."He smiled without looking at my eyes.
"May I ask how much is it?"
"RM2."
"Wow."voices from both of us,the little girl and I. He bought RM3 to school and he spend RM2 for me? He is such a sweet guy. I understand why he gave it to me.
"Thank you. Can you write your name there? And date as well." I wanted to remember that day, meaningful day.
Recalling back to the first day I met him, I saw beside him, this little boy was shivering, didn't dare to say anything to me while the other two students were chit-chatting with me, non-stop.
He is a slow learner but he is a very nice boy, a very gentleman KID! The little girl always bullies him and he just dares to say,"Wey, it's my pencil." In the end, he still lets her takes his pencil.
By looking at them, I understand the kids' world now. Remember once I asked them what are their ambitions.
"Doctor!"
"Scientist!"
"...Car Technician."This little boy spoke softly. I was surprised why he wanted to become a car technician as this occupation doesn't really so-called appear in Moral Study book. The students wanted to become doctor or scientist become those terms appear in that book, ha-ha.
"Why you want to become a car technician?"I asked, curiosity drove me crazy.
"Because my father is a car technician!"He was smiling cheerfully. I could imagine a circle of light around his head. He smiled like an angel.

His smile melts my heart. Thank you for giving me a book to encourage me I should continue teaching until I leave to further my study.

No comments: